- Sign in to your Skype account at skype.com in a web browser.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the webpage.
- Click Account settings under the My Account heading.
- Next to your Microsoft account, click Unlink.
How to Unlink Skype account from the outlook or Hotmail account
How To Permanently Delete Skype Account
Write an article about how to disconnect your account for Skype. We all know how convenient it is to use this app when we are on the go, but it can also be a little bit of a hassle when you want to disconnect your account.
Here are some steps you need to follow in order to unlink your account for Skype:
1. Log in with the username and password on your old computer or phone.
2. Click ‘Connected Devices’ from the left sidebar.
3. Locate the device that you want to disconnect from Skype and click ‘Disconnect’. This will take you back to the home page, from where you can sign out of Skype by clicking ‘Sign Out’. If you want to delete your account, click ‘Delete my profile data’.
Click Account settings under the Account details area. Select Unlink next to your Microsoft account ID in the Linked accounts area. A warning appears telling you what will happen if your Skype ID is unlinked from a Microsoft account. Read the information and make your decision based on it. If you agree, click Close account.
Select the Your info tab. Select Manage your sign-in email or phone number from the drop-down menu. Select Move to another Microsoft account next to your Skype name.
Have you ever wanted to have a conversation, but didn’t know who to call first? You can simply visit Skype.com and download it there. . . Check the bottom of the page for the checkboxes: make sure they’re selected as you want them and no more, so you don’t receive any unwanted email.
If you sign in to Skype using your account’s linked email address rather than your Skype Name, you might end up with two accounts under the same email address. This can happen because you may have logged in to Skype using your account’s associated email address instead of your Skype Name without first merging them.
Since your Skype account is already a Microsoft account, you can’t link or divorce them. You’ll have access to sign in to all of your Microsoft services – including as SkyDrive, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive, Xbox Live, and more with your account.
When you delete your Microsoft account, all of your chats and files (as well as those shared with you) will be permanently erased. You will no longer be able to access old conversations, files, or discussions.