- To deactivate it, open Messenger
- Tap your profile picture in the top left corner
- Go to Privacy & Terms
- Tap tobDeactivate Messenger.
- Enter your password
- Tap Continue.
- Tap to Next
- Tap Deactivate.
How to Deactivate Messenger Using Your Phone
How to deactivate your Facebook and Messenger accounts
1. To deactivate it, open Messenger
2. Tap your profile picture in the top left corner
3. Go to Privacy & Terms
4. Tap tobDeactivate Messenger.
5. Enter your password
6. Tap Continue.
7. Tap to Next
8. Tap Deactivate.
Why can’t I deactivate my Messenger?
To cancel Messenger, you must first disable your Facebook account. There is no way to terminate Messenger without first canceling your Facebook profile. You may just delete the Messenger app if you don’t want to receive messages while ignoring Facebook.
Can you temporarily deactivate Messenger?
There’s no way to quit Messenger without first quitting your Facebook account. Deactivating your account is not the same as deleting Facebook. You may reinstate your account at a later date by simply logging in if you deactivate it.