- Sign in to Norton.
- In the My Norton page, under Device Security, click View Devices/Review Devices.
- In the Device Security page, click the ellipse (…) icon available below the device that you want to remove.
- In the menu that appears, click Remove Device.
- In the Remove Device confirmation dialog box, click Remove.
Remove Symantec Norton Internet Security on PC
How to install Norton security product on another device – Norton Support
Write an article about how to remove a device from your Norton Account. You can’t just log in and delete the old device as it’s still linked to your account as well as your subscription so here is what you need to do:
1) Launch the Norton Security app on the old device and go to Settings. 2) Tap on “Devices” and select “Remove.” A pop-up confirmation will ask, “Are you sure you want to remove this device?” Click Remove. 3) Once removed, you can also update that same device with a new email address and password if desired. If you’re not sure how to do this, please see the article linked below.
4) Anytime you purchase a new device, simply go to settings in your Norton Security app and tap Add Device. Follow the easy steps to activate your new device.
The device can be removed using the desktop version of Norton.
– Download and install the latest version of Symantec Norton on your PC or Mac (see Download and get started).
– Open Symantec Norton, go to Devices – Edit Devices
– Enable “Hide device from list” in the Action column for devices you want to remove
– Click in Action in Action column to move them in Action order so you can remove them in a specific order
The devices will now be hidden from view in all versions of Norton when this option is turned on under edit device. You can have multiple versions installed at one time but they will not show when using just one instance without opening each separately. The default settings are always available to you.
– In case you removed a device from the list and now want to re-add it follow this steps:
Go to Norton Online Store
In your Username, Password and Email , enter the exact same data as displayed on your email account used on first installation of Symantec Norton on this new/old device
Click My Account
Place a check on Forgot my password and click Continue ; an email will be sent with a link where you have to reset your password – After that go back into Norton online store and create an email address for each purchase if needed.
When the device is detected by our systems, you will receive an automated confirmation by e-mail Symantec Corporation stating that we have detected your device and we’re ready to help.
Yes, if you remove a device from your Norton account, the data residing on that device will not sync with a browser.
If you no longer have access to the device and do not back up its data before removing it from your Norton account, then you risk losing that data.
In the event that you change or update your email address, request validation of information stored in Norton’s records by choosing Contact Customer Service at https://norton-public.secure.force.com/contact_us_now and provide an answer to “Will I lose data if I remove a device from my” or enter any other comment pertinent to this inquiry.
To easily remove a device from your Norton account, please perform the following steps:
1. Log in to your Norton account
2. Click on the “My Devices” tab
3. Locate the device that you want to remove and click “Delete Device”
4. You will be asked if you are sure about deleting that device from your account; select Yes > Close my browser > Restart my computer > Delete Device