- From the HOME Menu.
- Tap the System Settings icon.
- Tap Data Management.
- Tap Nintendo 3DS.
- Select the data you would like to delete.
- Select Delete.
- Tap Delete Software and Save Data.
- Or Create Save-Data Backup and Delete Software.
- Tap Delete again to confirm.
How To Reset your Nintendo 3DS
(New) Nintendo 3DS XL – HARD RESET – REFORMAT
1. From the HOME Menu.
2. Tap the System Settings icon.
3. Tap Data Management.
4. Tap Nintendo 3DS.
5. Select the data you would like to delete.
6. Select Delete.
7. Tap Delete Software and Save Data.
8. Or Create Save-Data Backup and Delete Software.
9. Tap Delete again to confirm.
Begin by opening the Settings menu—the wrench symbol on the bottom home screen— and then tap on “Other Settings.” Choose “Format System Memory” from the last page. It will ask if you’re ready to connect to the internet, and you’ll need to confirm it.
Go to your Nintendo Account’s website and sign in. Click User info, then scroll down to the Linked accounts section and select Edit. To remove the link between an NNID and your Nintendo Account, click the checkmark next to Nintendo Network ID.