- Open a web browser on your Mac, PC, or iPad, and navigate to privacy.apple.com.
- Enter your Apple ID email and password.
- On the Apple ID & Privacy page.
- Select Continue.
- Under Delete Your Account.
- Select Get Started.
Click on Edit next to the Apple ID for the account you want to delete. Click Delete Account button at the bottom. Read warning message carefully which appears, click Continue once again. Type your password in the box that pops up from this screen, then click OK.
Please note that if you are have an active subscription, you will no longer be able to access it when you delete your account as well as any other content downloaded through your account. If wish to keep using all of your purchased media after deleting an Itune account, it is recommended not to change the settings back to having just one shared Itune on a household computer before logging out. You will continue to be able to access the content via your IDs if you have two Apple IDs but one is an administrator and you log out as a different user than the primary one on your computer.
How do I cancel my subscription from iTunes?
ANSWER: Simply visit store.apple.com, scroll down and click on sign in button, enter your Apple ID and password then click on View Account button under “Manage Your Apple ID”. Click on Manage in next page to see each of your subscriptions available for purchase listed below, choose any or all of them that you wish to unsubscribe then press Cancel Subscription button at the bottom which will take you to another web page where you have the option to print or print and keep a copy of your confirmation. This is an easier process but you may still be charged for the cancelation if you do not get in time before your next billing cycle runs out.
How can I update my current Apple ID?
ANSWER: Simply visit store.apple.com, scroll down and click on sign in button, enter your Apple ID and password then click on View Account button under “Manage Your Apple ID”. Click on Edit under Manage underneath Main Account Settings link to change any information listed like mailing address or phone number, then press Update Password button at the bottom which will take you to another web page where you have new fields to fill up with updated information as shown below to finish updating your account.
How can I find out if my Apple ID has been banned?
ANSWER: You can visit the official support page to check if any restrictions have been placed on your account. The IP address associated with a particular computer will be recorded against its Apple ID in cases such as fraudulent activities. If you do not see any details about your account, then chances are that there is no restriction or ban on it. Simply sign in using the same credentials and you should have access to all features of iTunes again after checking over these steps to restore your account back into full operational status.
How do I change the information used for identification purposes?
ANSWER: Go to store.apple.com, click on Sign In button, enter your Apple ID and password then click on View Account button under “Manage Your Apple ID”. Locate the My Info section, type in the new Birth Date with Month/Day-Year format as shown then press Update Information button at the bottom which will take you to another web page where you have a preview of what your information is going to look like after changing it until finally pressing Confirm button.
How do I get help with my iTunes account?
ANSWER: Visit the official support page and click on Contact Us button to find your region’s support center phone number, choose from email or chat/phone features. From the contact information provided, make a call at your convenience then follow up what they request to complete this process. Apple offers 24/7 assistance for all cases but do understand that it is not always possible to get an immediate response especially when you are calling in during a busy period such as when sales go live or any other time special promotions occur which can cause delays in serving calls coming in because staff members would need to focus more attention on handling these requests over others. It is important that you remain polite despite having to wait longer than you expected so that they can you give the assistance that you need as efficiently as possible.
How do I get my Apple ID/iTunes username?
ANSWER: To get a better understanding of how to acquire one, it is easier to start by asking yourself what you want to use your iTunes account for and then pick the right approach for getting such credential in order to have the experience that best fits your particular situation. If you are interested in using this service or applications available on Macs only and would like to set up an account during installation process, follow these instructions. Just go to store.apple.com and click on Sign In button entering email address then password but if the system was unable or unable attempt because there was no email listed under My Account, then try using your Apple ID. If it does not work either, then that email address is already in use by someone else or may have been deleted from the system for some reason prior to you doing this. To make sure you have a fresh new account, just select Create New Account and follow the prompts. This will let you get started with a brand new inbox which has no previous information stored within it to keep things simple and prevent confusion when logging into iTunes for the first time.
If you want to use an existing account but forgot what password was used because there are many stored locally on your computer or Mac without any information linking them together, then connecting to iTunes service could be done as well though how this is accomplished depends on if you are using Mac or Windows operating system. On a computer with Mac OS X, just go to store.apple.com and click on Sign In button then enter your Apple ID and password followed by clicking View Account button under My Info section which you can use in either of the following ways:
1) Copy your username directly from Username field after clicking it to highlight text on it, right-click on top part of browser window and select Edit > Select All before hitting Command+C keys to copy them both. You may need to paste this information into another app such as WordPad or Notepad file for safe keeping if you don’t want to lose it which might be necessary when implementing specific steps listed below.
2) If you would like to copy your password instead, click on Show Password field which should contain a lengthy string of letters and numbers following Apple ID. Copy this information into another file as well if you know how to have it safe for future use since these credentials are needed more often than not and must be available when needed without relying on the ability to remember either one of them.
If you are using Windows operating system, then find iTunes icon in Task Bar or Explorer window which might appear during installation process but may also need to search for its executable file so that it can be run directly from Desktop then follow these steps: -From within iTunes itself, go up top into Account menu and choose Sign Out option followed by choosing Create Apple ID button below this option. You may get a prompt to check your username and/or password here but just enter them if you have access and then click OK button followed by Agree & Continue button following it which will let you create new account.
-After clicking Create Apple ID button, you will be asked to fill out all requirements for an account with valid contact information so that someone can reach you if needed which is important in case of security breach or technical issue when using iTunes services online. Once this is completed, your credentials will be sent from the server for approval before activation begins so keep checking back into Account menu option until either both fields are filled out or message says account has been created properly provided that there was no typing mistake made during process input.
3. iTunes Store Account Information Won’t Sync to iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch Device in iTunes: If you want to see information such as billing address and credit card information on your iOS device automatically synced from existing account with Apple, then this is quite common problem since there may not be much feedback from iTunes app while attempting to do so. However, it could indicate that login credentials entered are either wrong or incorrect which must be fixed first before proceeding further.
If you have done all possible steps up until this point but still have an issue when trying to proceed further for whatever reason, then just try restarting computer or switching off both the iPhone and Mac/PC connected together followed by plugging USB cable into different port if possible and then retry syncing process. However, if you have already tried these steps and it doesn’t work, then problem may be with your account settings or problems on the backend itself which might need further troubleshooting or contacting Apple Support to resolve.
4) iTunes Won’t Sync iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch Device with Account: If this is a new set of devices which you are attempting to sync for the first time with an existing account without using iCloud backup feature to make things easier for yourself, then try to follow the following steps mentioned below till issue gets fixed or you will receive more information from Apple directly regarding this matter via email including instructions how to fix it.
1. Open a web browser on your Mac, PC, or iPad, and navigate to privacy.apple.com.
2. Enter your Apple ID email and password.
3. On the Apple ID & Privacy page.
4. Select Continue.
5. Under Delete Your Account.
6. Select Get Started.
To delete an iTunes account from your iPhone, access “Store” in the Settings panel. If you are signed out of this iTunes account on your phone when you do, the account will be deleted automatically.
If you are signed into another Apple ID for any of those services, then sign out and sign in with the one you want. If an app requests a specific Apple ID when updating, then the only way to get rid of it is by deleting the app that is requesting it.